Monday, 26 August 2013
Sup Tulang/ Bonesteak Soup by Ipin Hailey
Recipe for Sup Tulang/ Bonesteak
3-4 kg lamb shanks
6 green chillies
6 large red onions
10 garlic cloves
2 inches ginger
1 can tomato puree
4 tbsp blended dried red chillies
Salt and sugar to taste
Bonesteak spice from the mama shop.
1 packet of sweet potato flour
2 tbsp Planta margarine / Ghee
1)Boil lamb shanks in water about 1- 1 and 1/2 hour. Add 2 table spoon of salt.
2) Blend onions, garlic and ginger, set aside. Blend dried red chillies, green chilliesseperately set aside.
3)After lamb shanks are cooked, take it out of the pot and do not throw the water that is used to boil.
4) Heat sufficient cooking oil, add planta/ghee. Fry the blended onions, garlic and ginger until its fragrant. Add the blended dried chillies, green chillies. Add tomato puree.
5) Stir well until gravy turns bright red. Add salt and sugar to taste.
6) Add the bonesteak gravy, sweet potato flour and water used to boil the lamb.
7) Taste the gravy, add the lamb shanks. Let it cook about 2-3 hours. The longer the better.