Croissant by Peh Shih Pheng
450g high protein flour
50g low protein flour
50g caster sugar
20g dry yeast
1. Put ingredients A into a mixing bowl and beat into a dough. Add in butter and mix well
2. Divide butter (ingredient B) into 2 equal portion
Put them into separate plastic bags, roll out into 1/2 cm thick and freeze until hard
3. Divide dough into 2 parts and round up. roll out a portion of dough, place a piece of butter on top and wrap up. roll out dough into oblong shape. fold into 3 layers and put into freezer for 15mins.
4. remove from freezer, roll out into oblong shape and fold into 3 layers and freeze for 15mins. repeat this 2-3 times. (note after each rolling, put into freezer for 15mins)
5 roll out the dough into rectangle then cut into triangles. from the base, roll up triangle to form a croissant. place onto baking tray and leave to proof for 1 hour.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg celius for 15-20mins or until golden brown. remove and leave to cool a bit before serving.
I attached two pics from the chinese magazine. hope it helps.