- 250gram butter
- 200gram caster sugar (you can use a mixture of white and light brown muscavado sugar too)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 250gram banana puree (ang bak jio)
- 250gram plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven to 175° C.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beating thorougly after each addition.
4. Add in banana puree, fold in sifted flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix well.
5. Pour into a 7-8" pan and decorate with banana slices (optional).
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from cake.