Sunday, 4 August 2013
Coffee Kahlua Chiffon By Sharron Wee
80 g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
pinch of salt
70 ml evaporated milk
2 tbsp Instant coffee granules
1 tsp coffee emulco
50 g veg oil
2 tbsp. Kahlua liquer
5 egg yolks + 40g sugar
6 egg whites + 1/4tsp cream of tar tar + 60g sugar
(1) Sieve cake flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
(2) In another bowl, warm the evaporated milk and stir in the instant coffee granules to dissolve it. Add in Kahlua liquer and coffee emulco, stir till well mixed.
(3) Whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale in colour, add in veg oil and mix thoroughly.
(4) Pour in the coffee mixture and mix well.
(5) Lastly add in the flour and stir till smooth.
(6) Whisk egg white till slightly frothy, add in cream of tar tar then the sugar gradually and whisk till stiff peak
(7) Fold egg white meringue into the egg yolk mixture lightly in three parts
(8) Pour mixture into a 20 cm. chiffon cake tin and bake at 160C for about 60mins