2 boneless chicken thighs (You can get them at most Cold Storage outlets at S$4.99 for 2)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cyanne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
(You can mix and match the herbs to your liking)
300 grams brussel sprouts - halved
2 large carrots - chopped into chunks and blanched in boiling salted water for about 5 mins.
1 large yellow onion - roughly sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
5 cloves of garlic - peeled
1 Teaspoon duck fat (optional, you can use olive oil instead)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Season both the chicken thighs thoroughly.
2. Place the veg in a single layer in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the seasoned thighs on a rack above the veg. Alternatively, you can put the chicken thighs right on top of the veg. I place half a teaspoon of duck fat onto each chicken thigh, as I just happened to have a jar of it in the fridge. You can just drizzle a little olive oil onto the chicken thighs instead.
4. Cook chicken and veg in the oven for about 40 mins.
5. Place the thigh onto dinner plates. Give the veg a light toss, to get them mixed well with the chicken juices. Dish the veg together with the chicken thighs.
Note: You can use other veg. Sweet potatoes, squash and pumpkin would work well. I just happened to have brussel sprouts I needed to use.