Hokkaido Matcha Milk Loaf with Azuki Paste Fillings
by Cheryl Lai's breadmaker creation
100g heavy whipping cream
100g fresh milk
240g organic high protein flour 12% (or bread flour)
30g organic Wholemeal flour (you can replace this bread flour)
30g top flour
15g milk powder
1 Tbsp premium Matcha powder
2 Tbsp organic raw sugar
1.5 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
Fillings - 300g red bean paste
1. Prepare the red bean fillings first. Divide into 12 portions of 25g each and roll into balls. Set aside in fridge to harden a little for easier wrap later.
2. Put the ingredients into the breadmaker pan according to the above sequence.
3. Select sweet dough function (if you do not have this program, just choose basic) and let the machine knead the dough. (For my Kenwood BM 250, I select program 4 and light crust)
4. Two hours before end of the program, take the dough out onto a lightly floured table and punch it down. (I removed at time 2:09)
* Don't forget to remove the paddle as we won't need it anymore)
5. Divide the dough into 12 pieces (about 50g each)
6. Use a roller to roll each piece into a round disc, wrap the red bean paste and seal the edges tight.
7. Place each wrapped dough into the breadmaker pan (sealed edges facing down), six below & six above and let the breadmaker do the rest of the job.
Important note: From step 4-7, please complete within 20 minutes, so that there will be sufficient time for the buns to proof.