Hokkaido Milk Loaf with Cream Cheese & Cranberries Fillings
by Cheryl Lai 's breadmaker creation
100g heavy whipping cream
90g fresh milk
240g organic high protein flour 12% (or bread flour)
30g organic Wholemeal flour (you can replace this bread flour)
30g top flour
15g milk powder
2 Tbsp organic raw sugar
1.5 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
200g Philadelphia cream cheese
65g Icing sugar
50g Dried cranberries
1. Prepare the cream cheese fillings first. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer, add in icing sugar gradually till well combined. Roughly divide into 12 portions, put into fridge to harden a little for easier wrap later.
2. Put the ingredients into the breadmaker pan according to the above sequence.
3. Select sweet dough function (if you do not have this program, just choose basic) and let the machine knead the dough. (For my Kenwood BM 250, I select program 4, light crust and 750g loaf)
4. Two hours before end of the program, take the dough out onto a lightly floured table and punch it down. (I removed at time 2:13)
* Don't forget to remove the paddle as you won't need it anymore)
5. Divide the dough into 12 pieces (about 50g each)
6. Use a roller to roll each piece into a round disc, wrap the red bean paste and seal the edges tight.
7. Place each wrapped dough into the breadmaker pan (sealed edges facing down), six below & six above and let the breadmaker do the rest of the job.
Important note: From step 4-7, please complete within 20 minutes, so that there will be sufficient time for the buns to proof.