400g sliced fish, chicken or pork
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
4 servings of egg noodles (sheng mian) (I replaced with ee fu mian)
vegetable oil for frying
800ml chicken stock
2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. corn flour, mixed with 2 tbsp. water
2 eggs, beaten
12 prawns, shells, heads and veins removed
1/2 cup sliced fishcake
4 stalks chye sim, chopped
1. Marinate the chicken/fish/pork with light soy sauce and sesame oil. Put aside.
2. Deep fry the egg noodles, one serving at a time for 5 sec each. Remove from wok and set aside on 4 plates. I replaced with cooked ee fu mian and only air-fried the noodles for 3 min.
3. MIx the chicken stock, water, dark soy sauce and corn flour solution, and cook over medium heat until the gravy thickens. Stir in the eggs and mix well.
4. Add the chicken/fish/pork, prawns, fish cake and chye sim and cook for 2 min.
5. Spoon the gravy over the noodles to serve.
Source: Simply Her - August 2013