Banana Crumb Muffin
Recipes adapted from cook.bake.love
Ingredients: (yield 12 standard size muffins)
190g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tso baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed (I used 5 medium size bananas)
150g white sugar (I used 100g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
75g vegetable oil
20g cold butter (cut into small cubes)
60g brown sugar
60g plain flour
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1) Preheat oven to 190C. Line 12-hole muffin tray with paper liners.
2) In a large bowl, mix (A) together. In another bowl, combine (B) and mix well.
3) Stir (B) into (A) just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
4) For the crumb topping, mix sugar, flour and ground cinnamon in a small bowl, Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 18-20 mins until a toothpick inserted into center and comes out clean.
1) Suggest preparing the topping first and keep refrigerated before using.