5 pandan leaves
180g gula melaka
8g agar-agar powder
200ml coconut milk *
1 egg *
Pinch of salt*
1) Using a fork, beat tog. all ingredients marked with an asterisk (*) and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, bring water to boil. Add pandan leaves (washed and tied into a knot) and gula melaka to water and stir until gula Melaka is completely dissolved. Boil for another 15mins for the pandan leaves to infuse its aroma.
3) Remove pandan leaves, sieve mixture into another saucepan to remove any impurities from the gula melaka.
4) Stir in the agar agar powder and bring to boil again.
5) Sieve in the coconut milk/egg mixture, stir thoroughly.
6) Bring mixture to boil for about 5mins to ensure that the egg is cooked.
7) Once done, pour into desired mould and leave to cool to room temperature before putting into fridge to chill.