Bananas with Chocolate Ganache Baked in Phyllo
120g Chocolate , Chopped finely
1/3 Cup Whipped Cream (do not whip up, just the cream)
1. In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the cream to boil.
2. Remove from heat, add the chocolate. Stir continuously till all the chocolate has melted.
3. Leave it to cool.
9 Sheets Phyllo Pastry (can be bought from Supermarkets like Cold storage)
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
3 Whole Ripe Bananas ( I use Delmonte because its bigger)
1. Cut each banana into half, with each half, cut through vertically half again.
2. Apply 1 tsp of choc ganache between the 2 halves. Do not put too much as the chocolate will expand and ooze out after baking. Do it for all the bananas.
3. Take one sheet of Phyllo, brush with melted butter. Repeat with 2 more layers. Cut the phyllo widthwise into 3 portions. So each portion should have 3 layers for wrapping.
4. Then wrap the banana into each portion of phyllo, then wrap it like a spring roll.
5. Preheat oven to 180deg and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Place on plate and drizzle with chocolate ganache and sprinkle with powder sugar.
7. Serve while its hot .