Recipe Link http://taglicious.blogspot.sg/2014/04/a-nice-whole-of-cranberry-bread.html
Recipe Link to make your own starter natural starter http://taglicious.blogspot.sg/2014/04/making-your-own-natural-starter-yeast.html
Recipe reference source and did some modification: Jayeon Bread Book
(make 2 loaves)
200g of refreshed starter370ml of water
10g of salt
30g of white sugar
30g of vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
260g of bread flour + more for dusting during shaping.
Steps to prepare the bread dough
- In a large bowl, combined the water & refreshed starter and mix until it is dissolved.
- Add in the salt and sugar.
- Add in the oil and mix well.
- Add in the flour and mix well like 1-2mins until the mixture is well incorporated. I am using a Danish dough whisk. If you don't have it, you can use a wooden spoon. Note: The dough is soft & sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling and let the dough rest at room temperature for 2-3hrs until it rise doubled in size.
- Place the bowl into the fridge overnight or 7-10hrs.
- Flour the work surface and take out the overnight dough from the bowl.
- Sprinkle some flour on the dough’s surface. Punch out the air from the dough to deflate it.
- Flatten the dough and fold it into half, repeat this step for 3 times. Add more flour on the surface if you feel stick to handle it.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portion. Shape it into loaf shape to fit into your bread pan.
- Cover the bread pan with cling wrap and let the dough rest for 2-3hrs until it doubled its size.
- Preheated the over at 200C and bake them for 45mins. Note: Cover the bread pan with bread pan lid or aluminium foil to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Let it cool on a wire rack before slicing it.