Saturday, 19 April 2014
Banana Bread Cake by Diana Gale
Banana Bread-Cake (Serves 8)
Blog/ Recipe Link http://www.thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com/2013/07/banana-bread-cake-they-call-it-bread-i.html
3 cups mashed banana
120g butter, melted
¼ cup whole milk, room temperature
1½ cups plain flour
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
½ cup chopped walnuts or almond flakes (optional)
½ cup raisins or sultanas (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Prepare an 9-by5 inch loaf pan by greasing it or lining it with baking paper.
2. Whisk egg, milk, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar to flour mixture.
4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture in 3 parts and mix.
5. Gently stir in raisins/ sultanas/chocolate chips, if using. Sprinkle nuts on top, if using.
6. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean.
7. Cool in baking tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.