Saturday 19 April 2014
Sugarless Chocolate Bun with Dark Chocolate filling by Yvonne Mah
Bread flour 220g
Cake flour 80g
Cocoa Powder 10g
*Egg 1 (50g)
Instant yeast 1 tsp
Butter 30g (Room temp)
Salt 1/8 tsp
*Weight of Egg & Milk adds up to 200g
Converture Dark Chocolate 8-10g for each portion
Whole beaten egg
Sesame seed (Optional)
1) Place the ingredients in the BM or mixer to knead till window pane. If using BM, place the wet ingredients first, follow by the dry ingredients and lastly the yeast in the centre of the flour pile. Add salt and butter after approximately 5 minutes into kneading. Let the dough proof in the BM.
If using mixer, add all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, knead till smooth dough. Add in the butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover with cling wrap and set aside to proof.
2) After first proofing of an hour, punch out the air and cover it loosely with cling wrap. Let it rest for 15 min.
3) Divide the dough into smaller portions & wrap the filling. Shape into round balls and place them neatly in a pan. Spray some water on the surface of dough and second proof the dough in the oven for about 60 min. (Oven NOT switched on.)
4) Remove the pan from the oven at the last 10 min of second proofing to preheat the oven at 170C.
5) Apply egg-wash, sprinkle sesame seed and bake for 18-20 min.
6) Once baked, remove the bread and unmould immediately. Let cool on a rack completely.