100g Tim Sum Flour or Wheat Starch Flour (澄粉)
60g Tapioca Flour/Starch
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp Oil
220ml boiling Water
1. Mix both flour and set aside.
2. Add pinch of salt into the boiling water. Pour into the flour mixture and quickly mix into a dough.
3. Add oil, and knead to a dough.
4. Divide into small pieces, roll thin and wrap. (Refer to this video link to see how to wrap. HERE)
5. Place wrapped dumplings onto an oiled steamer plate. Steam over high heat for 7 mins.
6. Brush a thin layer of oil on the steamed dumplings. Sprinkle with fried onions and spring onion (if desired)
Ingredients for Fillings:
450g Turnip, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
45g dried shrimps, soaked and chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
6 pcs of onions, minced
1 tbsp Light soya sauce (original calls for 1.5 tbsp)
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Pepper
3 tbsp Water
1. Heat oil. Stir fry garlic, onion and dried shrimps till fragrant. Add shredded turnip and carrot.
2. Add seasoning. Mix well till slightly dry. Dish up and set aside to cool.