Saturday, 5 April 2014
Strawberry Yoghurt Cupcake by Stephanie Ng
Strawberry Yoghurt Cupcake
Makes about 18 regular size moist cupcakes
1. 250 g plain flour, sifted
2. 270g organic raw sugar or caster sugar
3. 400g strawberry flavoured yogurt or plain low fat yogurt
4. 40g strawberry powder - this gives the cake the colour & more strawberry taste but can be omitted if you do not have it
5. 3 eggs
6. 1tsp vanilla extract
7. 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
8. 100g softened unsalted butter
Topping/filling : 5-6 strawberries diced into small pcs
Set the oven to 180 degree celcius.
A. Mix ingredients 1-8 in mixer on medium high for 2 mins.
B. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and sprinkle about 5-6 pcs of diced strawberries on top of batter. If you like more strawberries, you can add some after filling 1/3 of the cupcake liner then cover them with more batter till 2/3 full before sprinkling more diced strawberries on top.
C. Bake for 30 mins at 180 degree.
D. Test with a toothpick; cupcakes will be ready when toothpick is clean when pulled out.