Ingredients: (serves 4)100g White Wheat (Terigu), soaked at least 2 hour (perferably to soak overnight)
1.2 Litres of Water
1 Bundle of Pandan Leaves, washed and tie into knot
Pinch of Salt
Cane Sugar to Taste
* Palm Sugar Syrup
To make the palm sugar syrup:-1. Bring 2 cubes(about 200g) of Palm Sugar(Gula Melaka) together with a knot of pandan leaves and 80ml of water to boil.
2. Lower the heat and simmer till the palm sugar cubes melt and syrup slight thickened.
3. Remove pan from heat and sieve the syrup into a sterilised glass jar and cool completely before storing in the fridge.
Method:-1. Bring 1.2 litres of water to boil in a saucepan, then add in the drain white wheat and let it simmer for about 1 hour.
2. Add in the pandan leaves and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.
3. As I prefer my burbur terigu to be thicker and less watery, I transfer it to a slow cooker and continue the simmering for another 2 hours.
4. Turn off the heat, stir in pinch of salt and ladle into serving bowl and serving with coconut cream/milk and gula maleka syrup according to personal preference.
*If follow the original recipe, the bubur terigu tends to be more watery. Hence I cooked it for a longer period using slow cooker. Also, the amount of palm sugar syrup should be more than enough. In fact, I doubled the amount of ingredients for the burbur terigu but the quantity for the palm sugar syrup remained.