Cinnamon Nuts Chiffon
4 Egg Yolks (Use large egg)
1/4 tsp Salt
60g Vegetable Oil
90g Superfine Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
25g Gound Almond / Ground Hazelnut (I use Ground Almond)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
4 Egg Whites
1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
60g Chopped Mix Nuts of your choice (I use almond nibs)
1. Preheat oven at 170C. Using a hand whisk, mix egg yolks, sugar, salt, vegetable oil and milk in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Add in superfine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and ground almond into egg mixture. Mix until well combine.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add in cream of tartar and sugar. Continue beating till stiff peak form.
3. Scoop 1/4 of the meringue and mix with egg yolk mixture till well combine.
4. Add in chopped mix nuts. Mix well.
5. Pour batter into 22cm angel cake pan and sprinkle with some chopped nuts on top (optional) (I use a 18cm chiffon cake tin)
6. Bake at preheated oven for 40 minutes at 170C.
7. Invert cake on wire rack immediately after taking out from the oven. Leave aside to cool on a rack.
8. Unmould cake from pan after cool.