Ingredients for pastry
Pastry for 12 mini chicken pies
285g plain flour
65-125ml iced water
1 Egg Yolk
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the butter and shortening. Rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles dough. Begin to add the water a little at a time until the pastry comes together. Wrap the ball of pastry in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for filling
Filling for 12mini chicken pies
1 Large Potato
1 Small Onion, diced
25g Mixed Vegetables
1 Small Canned Slice Button Mushrooms
1 Chicken Breast
1/2tbsp. Corn Starch 1tbsp water
1/2 Campbell's Cream of Chicken
1. Heat oil and fry potatoes, of water and pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, add in diced onions, cook until soft.
4. Add in the cooked potatoes.
5. Add in Campbell's cream of chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add in the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Finally, add the corn starch mixed with water to thicken the mixture. Set aside.
Fill the mini crusts with a generous amount of filling. Cover each with another pie crust round, pressing the edges together to seal. Add cut out dough shapes rabbit, chicken, egg and be sure to poke a few holes on the top of each pie to allow steam to escape (so that the crust wouldn't get soggy during baking). Brush with egg wash, baked in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 mins or until golden brown.