Ingredients (For 4 pax):
Japanese sweet poatato - 350g (I removed the skin)
Sugar - 100g
Light soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
Mirin - 3 1/3 tablespoons
Oil - small quantity
Black sesame seeds - enough for sprinkling
1. Wash the sweet potatoes. You may want to remove the skin. Cut the potatoes into chunks.
2. Boil a pot of water. When the water is boling, add in the potatoes. Take out the potatoes and drain the water away when it is boiling again. Pat dry the sweet potatoes with kitchen paper.
3. Heat up some oil to about 150 deg cel. Add in the sweet potatoes and slowly fry them with medium fire.
4. After that turn up to big fire and continue frying the potatoes will they turn golden brown. Remove the potatoes and drain the oil.
5. In a saucepan, add in the sugar., light soy sauce and mirin. Cook till the mixture became bubbly.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked potatoes. Sprinkle some black sesame. Ready to serve.
* This dish can be served hot and cold.