7 egg yolks
2 tbsp of vegetable oil (I used cooking oil)
75g passion fruit pulp (I usually use about 3 fruits, depending on the size)
100g normal plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
7 egg whites
90g sugar. (You can adjust the sugar according to your preference)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1) Whisk egg yolk and sugar in (A) till sugar dissolved. Add (B) and mix well.
2) Sift (C) and mix set aside.
3) Beat egg white, sugar, salt and cream of tartar in (D) till stiff peak.
4) Fold in the egg yolk mixture to the egg white batter till just incorporated.
5) Fold in (C) to the egg white batter gently till fully incorporated.
6) Pour batter into 21cm tube pan, bang it on table-top to release air bubbles. Bake in
preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 45-50 mins.
7) Invert the cake immediately once taken out from the oven. Cool completely before
removing from mould.
Additional comments about this recipe
1) Use egg of weight 70g-75g each (with shell).
2) Heat of oven and baking duration differs for individual ovens. I am using a microwave