Baked Chicken Pie by Sharron Wee
375g puff pastry (1 packet)
2 tbsp butter
1 large onion
600g deboned chicken
2 cups green peas
4 tbsp flour
Salt & Pepper
1 egg for egg wash
1. Cut the chicken into cubes. Chop the onions, peel potatoes and carrots and dice.
2. Heat the butter and brown the onions. Saute the diced chicken, then add diced vegetables and peas. Add water or milk just enough to cover chicken and bring to a boil.
3. Add a little water to the flour to make a paste and add to the pan, stirring all the time till stew thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Roll out the pastry to 1/2 cm thick. Cut rounds to fit individual pie foil pans with about 1cm overhang. Fill pans with chicken filling and top up with liquid from stew.
5. Cut more rounds to fit exactly the top of the foil pans. Cover pans with the rounds and seal the edges with a fork.
6. Brush the tops with beaten egg to glaze. Bake for 20-30 minutes till golden brown.