Thursday, 28 February 2013
Begedil with Almond Flakes by Kymn Lee
Begedil with Almond Flakes
- 500g peeled potatoes (use slightly firmer ones). Cut into small pieces.
- 100g shallots
- 3 to 4 stalks spring onions, chopped
- Pinches of white pepper to taste
- Pinches of salt ( omit this if using luncheon meat)
- 1 beaten egg
- Almond flakes for coating ( optional)
Optional : Luncheon meat ( boiled and mashed )
Fry shallots in oil till crisp and golden. Drain and spread them out to cool.
Using the same shallot oil, fry the potatoes. You can cut them into slices as they are going to be mashed up .
Drain the potatoes .Mix in the shallots, spring onions, luncheon meat and pepper and then mash.
Shape the potatoes into palm sized patties. Dip in beaten egg and coat with almond flakes and fry. You need to shallow fry them and be careful of high heat which will burn the almond flakes. The patties should be semi-submerged in oil.
Drain the begedils of excess oil before serving. Enjoy!