海鲜鱼飘豆腐羹 aka Seafood Fish Maw Thick Soup
A thick soup is quite similar in texture to shark fin's soup. Help save the populations, don't eat sharks fins! Soup is just as tasty with the flavours from fresh crab meat, fish maw and mushrooms.
40 gm fish maw [used fried type]
2 dried mushrooms - soaked
1/2 cup fresh crab meat (if unavailable, may use imitation crabsticks)
3-4 Cooked prawns
1 egg tofu or half a white tofu
1000 ml chicken broth/stock
Colander leaves as garnishes
1/2 tsp dark sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp potato starch + 3 tbsp water - thickening
black vinegar for added flavour when serving
1) Soak fish maw in hot water until soft and cut into thin strips. Squeeze out excess water [blanched in some hot water to remove as much oil as possible].
2) Cut all ingredients (except fresh crab meat ) mushroom, prawn, scallops and tofu into small cube sizes. (If using imitation crabsticks, tear into thin strips)
3) Pour the chicken stock in a pot and bring to a quick boil. Add in the fish maw and dried mushrooms. Simmer until ingredients are soft.
4) Add in crab meat, prawn, scallop and tofu, then add in oyster sauce, dark sauce, wine. Taste to adjust seasoning accordingly.
5) Bring soup to a boil again before stirring in thickening starch. Stir as you pour in the starch else it will become very lumpy in the soup.
6) Serve soup hot with black vinegar and colander leaves.