Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies by Vanessa Tay
Macadamia Choc Chips Cookies by Vanessa Tay
75g butter, softened
75g caster sugar
75g soft light brown sugar (I use molasses sugar, so the cookies will be darker colour)
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
175g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g macadamia nuts (I use more)
100g milk or plain chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Line the baking trays.
2. Cream butter and the sugar till creamy and smooth.
3. In another small bowl, beat the egg well. Add in the vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Add the egg mixture to the batter, a little at a time. Mix well with each addition.
5. Sift flour and baking powder into the batter. Fold in the flour well.
6. Add in the macadamia nuts and the choc chips. Leave some choc chips for later. Mix well.
7. Using teaspoon, scoop the heaped batter onto the baking tray. Flatten the cookie batter with the back of a fork and sprinkle the remaining choc chips on top.
8. Bake the cookies for about 10min or till golden brown.
9. Leave the baked cookies on the trays for a few minutes before placing them in the rack to cool.
Other cookie baking tips:
1. If your cookie batter is using whole eggs, the cookies will be crunchier. If use only egg yolks, the cookies will be softer.
2. If you prefer crunchy cookies like Famous Amos type, you can get ready the shaped batter on the baking trays and leave the trays in the fridge first for a while (I would leave them for around 15-30min) before putting them in the oven to bake.
3. If you are baking multi-layers of trays at one go, you might want to use the turbo fan function for better air circulation.