Thursday, 29 August 2013
Durian Butter Cake by Diana Ho
Durian Butter Cake
100g hard butter
130g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
150g durian flesh, blended
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
80g castor sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 160°C
* Grease n line deep 9inch round cake tin
* Cream butter and sugar at medium speed for 15mins until fluffy.
* add in egg yolks n cream for additional 5mins at medium speed.
* add in durian flesh and mix well.
* switching beater to slow speed, add in sifted flour n baking powder.
* leave aside.
* whisk ingredients b at max speed till stiff
* fold meringue into A n mix well. bake for 35-45mins.