Cheese Buns with Floss Fillings
(For 4 buns)
Bread Flour 140g
Caster Sugar 20g
Milk Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Yeast 1 tsp
Topping and Filling:
Egg - for egg wash
Cheese - 4 pieces
1. Mix the ingredients for the bun and knead into pliable dough till thin membrane. (I use breadmaker for the kneading) After kneading, cover the dough and let proof for an hour.
2. Punch out the air and divide the dough into 4 smaller equal parts. Roll into balls and loosely cover to rest 15 minutes.
3. Roll the ball into oval shape, place some floss on the top end and start rolling inwards. Pinch the ends properly to seal the dough. Shape the 2 ends a bit pointed to make the buns into rugby ball shapes.
4. Further proof the buns for an hour.
5. Egg wash the buns and place a piece of cheese on the buns. The pointed sides of the cheese should be in line to the 2 pointed ends of the buns. You may like to pipe some mayonnaise criss-cross over the buns and sprinkle some parsley flakes on top.
6. Bake the buns in the preheated oven at 180 deg cel for around 15min.
Source: Phone App 烘培大师