PORK BUN ((扣肉包) By Jeanette Tay
Ingredients1/2kg belly pork with skin
1 tsp five spice powder
2 to 3 tbs abalone sauce or oyster sauce
2 tbs dark soya sauce (adjust if you prefer lighter or darker shade)
1/2 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
few cloves of garlic ( smashed and remove skin)
chinese parsley roots including stem (lightly smashed the root)
1. Cut the pork into appropriate size. Do not cut too small as it will shrink when cooked.
2. Marinate the pork with seasoning preferably overnight or at least 4 hours.
3. Place them in slow cooker with the spices (spread evenly) with half cup water to create boiling.
4. Off slow cooker once cooked as it break easier if overcooked. Remove the spices except garlic.
5. Serve with warm bun and parsley leaves.
1. do adjust the seasoning as the recipe provided is based on estimation. Apology as I do not measure when cooking unlike baking.
above pix is my fav main ingredients when I cook this.
2. if you are using oyster sauce, pls do cut down the salt as the sauce is much saltier than abalone sauce. put bit of sugar.