(Duck/Pork cooked with Bamboo shoots and Mushroom)
recipe adapted from food for thought
half duck and 200g lean pork - cut into appropriate size
1 tin winter bamboo shoots
1 litre water
2 handfuls chinese dried mushroom
Rempah - pound or blend
2tbs tau cheo
1 handful garlic
2 handfuls shallots
2 tsp ketumbar powder
3/4 dark soya sauce
1/4 white pepper
1. Blanch duck and pork in hot water and strain.
2. Season meat with dark soya sauce.
3. Soak mushroom in water until soft.Discard stalks and water. Cut mushroom halve if large.
4. To prepare bamboo, drain and wash. Boiling in hot water for 2 min and strain. Reboil in fresh water for another 2 min and strain again. Cut into bite size.
5. Heat pot with oil and fry rempah till fragrant.
6. Add in meat and fry.
7. Add water and bring to boil for 10 - 15 mins.
8. Lower heat and simmer for another 15 min or till meat soft and gravy fairly thick.
- can replace with chicken.when cooking with chicken,take care not to over-boil as meat will disintegrate .
- can replace bamboo with potatoes. put in potatoes only when meat feel bit soft.
- double the portion of rempah if you prefer more gravy.