Prep Time: 10minsYield: Makes 8 steamed cake
Cook Time: 12-15mins
200g Pancake Mix
2 Medium Size Eggs
50g Plain Yoghurt
30g Melted Butter
1 tsp Green Tea Powder (From Phoon Huat)
1. Using a hand whisk, whisk egg and sugar in a mixing bowl, beat till sugar dissolve.
2. Add in yoghurt and milk and mix well.
3. Sift pancake mix together with the green tea powder and fold into the egg mixture.
4. Add in melted butter and mix well.
5. Line baking cups (I used the cups for Chwee Kueh) with baking paper cups and pour mixture in about 80% filled.
6. When the water is boiling, turn heat to medium and place the baking cups inside the pan.
7. Steam for about 12-15mins. (Careful not to overcook as the steamed cake might get hard)
8. To test if the steam cake is ready, insert a skewer into the cake and make sure it comes out clean without wet batter. If it’s clean, remove from the pan.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.