Yuzu Chiffon Cake by Kathleen Khor
5 egg yolks (65g each)
55g yuzu tea mixture (honey citron tea)
80ml corn oil
80ml yuzu juice*
130g cake flour
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
75g caster sugar
* I use 2 tsp of yuzu mixture and top up water to 80ml
- Preheat oven at 160C.
- Whisk egg yolk and yuzu tea mixture until well combined
- Add in corn oil and yuzu juice. Mix well.
- Sift in cake flour. Mix till all flour combined. Put aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy.
- Add in sugar gradually.
- Continue to beat until just before stiff peak.
- Take 1/3 of egg whites and mix well with yuzu batter (use whisk).
- Repeat the above step with remaining egg whites. Fold gently.
- Pour into a 20cm tube pan. Give it a few knock.
- Bake for 50 - 60 mins or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
Post a Comment