Little Apricot Cakes (Makes 12)
Adapted from recipe by bon appetit
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
85g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
4 apricots, halved, pitted, cut into smaller wedges
2 tablespoons raw sugar
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Coat muffin cups with nonstick spray.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another medium bowl, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Add egg, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat until combined.
6. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Divide batter among muffin cups (cups will be only 1/2 full) and smooth tops.
8. Top with apricot slices and sprinkle with raw sugar.
9. Bake until cakes are golden and a tester inserted into the centers comes out clean, 20–25 minutes. 10. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let pan cool 5 minutes. Transfer cakes to rack and let cool completely.
NOTE: Cakes can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Post a Comment