Crispy Curried Chicken Wings
Dash of pepper
2 tsp of sesame oil
2 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tbsp of worchestershire sauce
4 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of minced garlic
1+ 1/2 tbsp of plain flour
2 tsp of cornflour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp of curry powder (mix spice blend)
Olive oil for brushing
1. Sprinkle the pepper on 20 mid-joint wings and rub in.
2. Pour sesame oil through garlic in a ziplock bag.
3. Put the wings in and give a good shake.
4. Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of plain flour, 2 tsp of cornflour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a plate.
6. Mix 1/2 tbsp of plain flour, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of curry powder in another plate.
7. Coat 10 wings in each plate and lay them on a rack to air dry for about 45 minutes. (I place the side with thicker skin on the rack.)
8. Brush some olive oil on the wings.
9. Bake in a preheated oven of 200C for 8 minutes with a tray placed one rack below. (I place the rack with wings at the top rack of my tabletop oven)
10. Flip the wings over and bake for another 8 minutes.
Time might vary with oven.