Salted Caramel Cheesecake Crumble
(makes about 12 to 14 cupcakes)
160 grams of Oreo cookies (remove the cream in between if you prefer if you prefer less sweetness)
60 g melted butter (unsalted)
400 g cream cheese (room temperature)
80g castor sugar
150 ml of heavy cream (or fresh milk if you can’t get cream)
20g corn flour
4 to 5 tbsp of salted caramel sauce (or to your desired sweetness, depending on the sweetness of your caramel)
1 tsp of vanilla essence
For the salted caramel, I use the recipe from: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/05/22/ homemade-salted-caramel-sauce-recipe/
35g plain flour
20g instant oats
20 gram sugar
25 gram butter
- Preheat oven to 180C, prepare cupcake liners on the cupcake pan.
- Blend the cookies till fine and mix well with the melted butter till the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Spoon the mixture evenly onto the cupcake liners and press down firmly with the back of a teaspoon.
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 mins. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Continue to preheat oven at 180C.
- Meantime cream the cheese and the sugar till smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract, heavy cream and corn flour. Mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly into 2 bowls.
- In one bowl, add the salted caramel sauce. Add to your desired sweetness as it depends on how sweet your sauce is. Mix well.
- Spoon about 1.5 tbsp of the salted caramel batter into each cupcake liner or till 2/3 of the cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Spoon the vanilla batter evenly onto the liners, filling them to the brim if possible.
- Sprinkle the crumble onto each cup and bake for about 18 to 20 mins.
- Let the cheesecakes cool down, remove from the pan and drizzle some salted caramel sauce on each cup. Garnish with chocolate ball. Refrigerate for at least 4 hrs before consuming.
** If you have 2 trays, do bake one tray at a time.
**Make sure each layer is fairly cooled before adding the next.