250g Bread flour
50g Cake flour (I used top flour cos too lazy to open another pack of flour)
1 tbsp Malt (I replaced with Honey cos I dun have malt at home)
190 cc water
1/2 tsp instant yeast
30g unsalted butter
1 block 200g sharp cheddar
1. Put everything into the BM in the order advised by your BM and set to knead dough.
2. After first proof, take dough out and cut into 8 pieces and preshape them round and rest for 15 mins .
3. Roll 1 piece of dough into a bigger round piece and place the cheese in the middle and wrap it all up and place on tray. Do the same for the rest.
4. Cover with a cloth and proof for another 40-60 mins.
5. Preheat your oven when the buns are proofed for at least 40 mins
6. Prepare a dish of hot water to put into the bottom tray of the oven just before you are putting the buns in to bake.
7. Make a simple cross cut on the top of the buns, spray with water on top and then put into oven to bake for 18 mins at 200 deg C
8. Take out and chill on wire rack once done.
Recipe for dough is from Carol Hu's recipe book.