150g unsalted butter
130g castor sugar
150g top flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dried fruits (I soaked them in 1 tbsp rum + 1 tbsp water overnight)
1. Cream butter and sugar till it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time till it is well incorporated.
2. Fold in flour and baking powder.
3. Drain the excess liquid from the fruits and coat them with flour before adding them into the batter.
4. Pour the mixture into a 7" round tin and bake in oven preheated at 180 degree Celsius for 45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake on a rack before serving.