Ingredients for choux puff:
1/2 tbsp caster sugar
80g plain flour
2 eggs (A)
1. Boil butter, sugar and water in a pot.
2. Add flour and mix till thick.
3. Pour the batter into a bowl immediately.
4. Add in eggs one by one (the butter will become gluten when it is cold, so you must add in the egg while it is still hot).
5. Mix batter till its surface shines and the batter flows down when you scoop it up with a spatula.
Ingredients for Chocolate Éclair:
1 portion choux puff
2 egg yolks (A)
60g icing sugar
90g dark chocolate (chopped)
50g UHT whipping cream (heated)
200g cooking chocolate (melted)
1. Place puff batter into a piping bag fitted with nozzle No. 805, pipe into long trips. Wet a folk with some water. Make lines on the puff with folk to make it even.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg C for about 15 minutes. Reduce to 150 deg C, bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Mix A till well combined. Cook it over medium heat till thick. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Beat B till fluffy. Add in A. Add C and mix well. Pour fillings into piping bag fitted with nozzle no. 6. Pipe fillings into puff through bottom part of puff. Rub with melted chocolate.
Post a Comment