Garlic Knots with Cheese Filling
(makes 4 big rolls)
240g bread flour
6g granulated sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
15ml olive oil
30ml milk : (I used 30ml hot water + 2 tsp of anlene milk powder)
135ml lukewarm water
Glaze: 1 cloves garlic – minced finely, 20g butter- melted, ½ tsp dried oregano, mozzarella cheese (amount as per your preference)
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, yeast + salt) and stir together.
- Add in the wet ingredients (olive oil, milk, water).
- Mix for 8mins using dough attachment. (leave last 30ml of water to add in by hand, after dough comes together). If not dough is very sticky to knead.
- Dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Oil bowl and leave dough to proof for an hour till doubled in size.
- Turn dough into lightly floured surface. And divide into 4 portions.
- Roll out into long strips (rectangle) about 20cm each
- Put in mozzarella cheese in between and seal tightly.
- Tie them into knots
- Proof for another 45 mins.
- While awaiting this last proof, make the glaze, if not butter will curdle and harden.
- Take the 1 clove garlic, mince finely, melt the butter and mix tog with the oregano and garlic.
- After last proof of 45 mins, then drizzle glaze over. Make sure entire bun is brushed with melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 175 DC and bake for abt 18 mins.
- Serve warm.
*I adapted my recipe from http://zoomyummy.com/2010/11/03/soft-garlic-knot to include cheese
inside the knots.