Makes about 60 cookies
- 2 cups (256g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp finely ground tea (tea can be ground in a spice grinder or mini food processor) (I used Dilmah brand - Rose with French Vanilla tea bags. The leaves are already very fine.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (64g) icing sugar
- In a small bowl mix the flour, tea and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar together with an electric mixer until the butter is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the flour, mixing until well combined.
- Split the dough in half and create two round logs, 1 1/4 inches in diameter, wrap them with parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour. To keep the bottoms of the logs from flattening out you can slide the logs into paper towel tubes before refrigerating.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- Cut the logs into 1/4 inch slices, place the slices on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 13 to 16 minutes until the bottoms are just golden. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack before serving.