Wednesday 24 April 2013

Raspberry, Lemon & Almond Friands by Vanessa Tay

Raspberry, Lemon & Almond Friands

 



Makes 10-12
Ingredients:

75g plain flour (Sifted)
225g icing sugar (I reduced to 200g), plus some for dusting (I omitted)
100g ground almond
pinch of salt
5 large egg whites
135g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
grated zest of 1 1/2 lemon
200g raspberries (I used the frozen ones bought at PH. Also I think can reduce slightly to 12x5 = 60 berries)
50g flaked almonds (Can reduce to 30g)


Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 deg cel. Grease the inside of the friand or muffin tins and dust with a little plain flour, tappi8ng out the excess. I could not find friand tin and since I used muffin cases, I did not grease the tin.

Pour the flour, icing sugar, ground almond and salt in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. In another bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites until foamy and just holding soft peaks. Tip the egg whites and melted butter into the dry ingredients with the grated lemon zest and fold the mixture together until combined, using a large metal spoon (I used a spatula)

Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Drop 4 or 5 raspberries onto each cake and scatter the almond flakes on top.

Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes (I baked for 20 minutes), or until well risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in the tin for 2 minutes before carefully turning out to cool on a rack.

Dust lightly with icing sugar before packaging (I omitted this step).

*Above largely adopted from Cute Cupcakes - 50 Easy and Indulgent Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment