Adopted from: http://biteonit.com/2012/11/19/mango-sago-pudding/
(depending on the size of your ramekins/cups, I made around 8.)
1 can mango in syrup (I used the 425g can)
50g caster sugar
130ml coconut milk/cream
1 fresh mango (half for puree and half for garnish)
yellow food colouring (optional)
1. Drain the mango slices from the can. Keep the syrup. Blend the mango slices and half from the fresh mango into puree. Set aside.
2. Rinse the sago under running water and drain.
3. Combine the mango syrup, water, sago and sugar in a medium pot and bring to boil over medium fire, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer + stirring until all the sago turned translucent and the mixture is thick and sticky. This will at least takes 20min or so.
5. Add in the coconut milk, stir and simmer for another 5-6min and remove from heat.
6. Mix in the pureed mango and stir till well combined. Add yellow colouring if you prefer.
7. Spoon into ramekins (or any preferred cups), covered and chilled. Serve with cubed fresh mango.
Post a Comment