60g castor sugar
86 g top flour
33ml corn oil or any veg oil will do
1. Whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Fold in the corn oil and flour (alternate) and pour into a lined 8” round cake tin.
3. Bake at 175 degree Celsius for about 25 mins. Cool the cake on rack and use a7” heart shaped cake ring to cut out the shape.
4. Set aside to cool and line it into the cake ring. While you prepare the mousse.
20g instant custard powder
20g cold water
85g whipped cream
6g gelatine & 25g water (mixed well)
1. Mix milk, cold water and instant custard powder together. Stir in Nutella and gelatine mixture.
2. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour in over the cake.
3. Leave in fridge to set.
175g strawberry puree
½ tsp strawberry paste
200ml whipped cream
14g gelatine powder & 56g water (mixed well)
1. Mix strawberry puree, sugar and strawberry paste in a saucepan and warm it over low fire, to melt the sugar.
2. Remove from heat, add in gelatine mixture. Leave to cool.
3. Fold in the whipped cream.
4. Pour over the hazelnut mousse and leave in fridge to set.