24 pcs Italian ladyfingers biscuits
2 tbsp cocoa powder
(A) Cream mixture
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp kahlua
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
(B) Coffee solution for dipping ladyfingers biscuits
- Nescafe Latte canned coffee ( 240ml each) or 480 ml of thick Kopi O/ Expresso
- 5 tbsp of coffee liquor such as Kahlua/ Baileys
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and kahlau except thickened cream with a spatula till well combined. Then fold in the thickened cream till it is of a nice creamy consistency.
2. Mix the coffee and coffee liquor in a wide and shallow dish. Dip one lady fingers biscuit in the coffee solution you prepared and promptly arranged it in the glass dish to form one layer of the cake
3. Spread a layer ( half the amount of the cream mixture) over the biscuits with the back of your spoon.
4. Dust a thin layer of cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
5. Repeat steps to form a second layer of cake. Cover with lid and chill the cake for at least 4 hrs till set.