Monday 6 May 2013

Nigella's Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake by Kathleen Khor

(makes 18 cupcakes/2 6" round cake)



Ingredients:

- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g caster sugar (I reduced this to 150g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (I use less than 1/2)
- 40 g cocoa powder (Valrhona of course)
- 150 ml/g sour cream
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs (65g each)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

- All ingredients above must be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare cake tins (line and butter) or like me, prepare cupcake liners.
- Put all the above ingredients into a food processor (I was too lazy to wash my food processor - yes, I bought it but not used it before) or mixing bowl.
- Blitz everything together until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared tins or fill each cuppies till 1/2 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a thin skewer comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment