Orange, Almond & Yogurt Loaf
190g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
190g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
190g castor sugar
3 large eggs
60g ground almond
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
25g plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
10g almond flakes
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree. Grease loaf tin (8.5cm* 17.5cm )with butter and dust with flour.
2. Using mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter, orange zest and sugar till soft n fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl every now and then to ensure eggs n butter are properly mixed in.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, ground almond, baking powder and salt. Tip these dry ingredients into creamed mixture in two batches and whisk on low speed until just incorporated, then mix in yogurt and vanilla essence
4. Pour batter into tin and sprinkle flaked almond in top. Bake for 50 to 60 min or until sponge is firm on top and skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, allow the loaf to cool a little before turning out of tin to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from " Hummingbird bakery Cake Days"
1. I used top flour instead if plain flour.
2. I used 170g if castor sugar which is just nice for me.
3. I used two loaf tins, about 14.5cm *8cm each and a small muffin cup for this one recipe. Baked at 170 degree, 50 min for the loaf tins and about 25 min for the muffin cup.