3 Egg yolksSugar – 30g
Milk – 60g
Corn oil – 45g
Cake flour – 90g
Baking powder – ½ tsp
3 Egg Whites
Sugar – 60g
Tartar powder – ¼ tsp
Vanilla essence – ½ tspCocoa powder – 1.5 to 2 tsp
1) Separate the eggs, place the egg yolks in one bowl and the whites in another.
2) Add 30g of sugar into egg yolks and beat until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Add milk and corn oil, mix well.
4) Add sifted flour and stir gently till well combined and smooth. Set aside.
5) In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add in 60g of sugar gradually (one-third at a time), continue beating until stiff peaks form.
6) Fold one third of the egg whites into the batter with spatula until well combined.
7) Pour the entire mixture into the remaining egg whites and fold in gently but thoroughly.
8) Divide the batter into half, mix in vanilla essence with one half and cocoa powder with the other half.
9) Alternately add 1 tablespoon of vanilla & cocoa batter into a cake tin (6 inch), put them up on top of one another until both used up. You can also put both batter in the piping bags and pipe into tin in alternative.
10) Bake in preheated oven at 170’c for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. (The baking time and oven temperatures vary depending on the types of oven)
11) When the cake is done, remove from oven and invert the pan immediately until cool completely.