500g minced meat (the more well-blended/minced, the better)
3 tbs corn starch
1 tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chicken stock powder
2 tbs minced garlic
1 egg white
2 tbs water
1/2 tsp five-spice powder (optional)
1 tbs cooking oil
1 tbs sugar
1. Mix in all the ingredients and seasonings (except the corn starch and minced garlic) in a big bowl and stir the mixture well in one direction. Mix them vigorously and keep in one direction.
2. Add in the corn starch and minced garlic. Continue to mix.
3. Pour the mixture into a cloth (I use the soup bag. To oil the inside of the bag) and wrap the mixture evenly and tightly in desired shape. You may want to wrap with 2 layers of the cloth to retain the shape better. I then place the bag in a round 6-inch baking tin. There will be spill-over for a 6-inch tin. You may use a bigger one.
4. Steam for 20 minutes using big fire.
5. Cut when cooled. The meat loaf will look pale in colour (also depends on your soy sauce), you may want to coat the loaf with some beaten egg and fry them till light golden colour.