Strawberry Yogurt Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
53ml vegetable oil
90g caster sugar
108g top flour
110g strawberry yogurt
5 egg whites
Pink colouring (optional)
Method1. Mix yolk with 1/3 of the sugar until it is dissolved. Add in oil and yogurt, mix well before adding the flour. Make sure, it is well combined. You may add in the pink colouring at this stage.
2. In another clean and dry mixing bowl, add in the egg whites and beat on low speed until they get frothy.
3. Add in the sugar in 3 small batches, mixing well after each addition. Continue beating until a stiff peak is obtained.
4. Transfer 1/3 of this egg white mixture into the first mixing bowl. Fold the eggs white into the batter until thoroughly incorporated. Make sure that the folding process is thorough not leaving any unmixed, especially those are the bottom of the mixing bowl.
5. Add in the rest of the egg white and fold in gently until well mixed.
6. Pour the whole mixture into an ungreased clean tube pan. Lightly shake the pan sideways to level the batter within. I used a 17cm tin.
7. Bake in the oven preheated at 180°C for 30 minutes.
8. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and invert the pan immediately. Let rest on a cooling rack to make sure that no steam is trapped within. Let cool completely on the rack before removing from tin.