Ingredients for Choux Pastry (Recipe adapted from Okashi Book)
75g top flour/plain flour
50g unsalted butter
a pinch of sugar and salt each
2-3 eggs (lightly beaten)
Ingredients for Custard
500ml milk (UHT or Fresh milk)
4 TBsp custard powder ( I used Bird's brand)
3 TBsp sugar
Method for Choux Pastry
1. In a small saucepan, combine water, milk, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to boil over medium heat and remove.
2. Stir in flour till it becomes a ball, return to stove to cook.
3. Transfer to bowl and add eggs. Beat until incorporated.
4. Pour batter into piping bag and pipe 5cm circles.
5. Bake 20 mins at 200 degrees, then reduce to 180 degrees for another 20 mins.
Method for Custard (May be prepared a day in advance and kept in the fridge)
1. Put 100ml of milk from the 500ml into a bowl to dissolve custard powder and sugar.
2. Put the rest of the milk in a saucepan to heat up.
3. When nearly boiling, pour the hot milk into the custard mixture.
4. Return the custard to the saucepan and cook over medium low heat, stirring all the time.
5. Turn off fire when custard thickens.
6. Leave to cool.