50g cream cheese
65g cake flour
2TBsp caster sugar
4 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of tartar
3 TBsp caster sugar
1. Place cream cheese and butter in a small saucepan over a larger pan of boiling water.
2. Melt cream cheese and butter and set aside. (note: cream cheese will be lumpy)
3. Once cooled, stir in milk and mix with a whisk till mixture is creamy.
3. Place sifted flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
4. Pour egg yolks and cream cheese mixture into the well and whisk till smooth n creamy.
5. In another bowl, whisk egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar till soft peaks.
6. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into batter.
7. Fold the remaining egg whites into the batter gently till well combined.
8. Pour into 18cm chiffon pan and bake at 150 degrees for 60mins.
9. Remove from oven and invert chiffon tin to cool completely before removing from the tin.
Note: I multiplied this recipe by 1.5 times to make it a 6 egg recipe and baked in a 22cm tin.